Must have gear
As with life, unexpected events can prove traumatic while off-roading. The following items are usually required at organized off-road locations. Most are common sense items that will save the day and turn a disaster into a memorable experience.
- First Aid Kit
- Fire Extinguisher
- Tow Strap
- Good spare tire (preferably the same size and type as the tires mounted on your truck!)
- Oil, water and fluids for your truck
Nice to have gear
This list is in no particular order. Options such as these are a personal choice, depending on who you are with and where you are going.
- For small trucks, a 6,000lb-rated
- For larger trucks, a 8,000lb or 9,000lb-rated
- Skid plates to protect steering components
- Sill protectors to protect (rock sliders)
- CB Radio to be in contact with your group
- Compass and maps or GPS to locate your position